CIBI focuses on the following core research areas:
Internationalisation and Multinational Corporations
- International Investment Strategies: The economic geography of investment and location decisions of MNCs, intra-firm specialisation and location of competitive advantages.
- Subsidiary development and upgrading of foreign direct investment: Regional clusters, inter and intra organisational relationships and embeddedness in local, national and international networks.
- Subsidiary development and subsidiary performance, employment growth and skills composition of jobs.
- Strategies and activities of MNCs, the role of institutions and economic implications for home and host countries at national, regional and local level.
- Globalisation, national business systems and institutional reforms: cross-border transfer and reverse transfer issues, incl. performance aspects e.g. HRM systems and practices.
- Ownership issues in international inter-firm collaborations and the new institutionalism
International Political Economy
- Political economy of the multinational organisation
- Economic liberalisation, institutional reforms and their impact on national economic development and activities of MNCs
- Globalisation and the “new” international business issues: e.g. transnational terrorism and security governance
- Service innovation: the dynamics, dimensions and management of innovation in the public and private services sectors (with a focus on healthcare, transport, knowledge intensive businesses, and the creative industries)
- Alliances for innovation: the role of strategic alliances in innovation and organisational adaptation in rapidly changing environments. Dynamics of alliance portfolio management and portfolio internationalisation in support of innovation activity. Growth of organisational ambidexterity via inter-organisational alliances
- Capital heterogeneity and innovation: the acquisition and evolution of social, cultural, economic and symbolic capital in the context of entrepreneurship (with a particular focus on technological incubation, science parks and regional regeneration)
News and Events
|Heinz Tuselmann's research on labour relations and MNC performance included in Academy of Social Science document launched by Vince Cable.
The Academy of Social Science (ASS) has produced a document with a few selected cases on how research in managment in business is contributing to economic and social development in the UK. The document is entitled: "Making the case for social sciences - management".
The research of Heinz Tuselmann on labour relations and firm perfomance in foreign MNCs in the UK has been selected for this. This work has also previously been used as written evidence by the Parliament Select Committee on the Future of UK Manufacturing. The ASS document has been launched by the Rt Hon Vince Cable PM, Secretary of State for Business and Skills.
For more information visit: http://aib.msu.edu/
For more information visit: http://atf.org.jo
For more information visit: http://www.dime-eu.org
For more information visit: http://reser.net